Celebrating 25 years of access to justice in Scarborough
Our Mission Statement
West Scarborough Community Legal Services exists to provide lower-income persons access to the legal system and to promote social justice through legal education, advice, representation, advocacy and community partnerships.
Fee for services
All services are free to those who qualify.
Clients may be required to reimburse the clinic for expenses such as filing fees, medical reports and interpretation services, all of which will be discussed with the client when the retainer is signed.
West Scarborough Community Legal Services is staffed by:
Lawyers, A Community Legal Worker, Administrative Staff and Volunteers
Legal Aid Ontario Vision
- To promote access to justice throughout Ontario for low-income individuals by providing high quality legal aid services.
- To encourage and facilitate flexibility and innovation in the provision of legal aid services.
- To recognize the diverse legal needs of low-income individuals and disadvantaged communities.
- To operate within a framework of accountability for the expenditure of public funds.
Legal Aid Ontario receives financial support from the Government of Ontario.
Who is eligible?
Low income residents who live in “west” Scarborough.
Areas of Law
West Scarborough Community Legal Services provides SOME services in the following areas of law:
WE DO NOT PROVIDE SERVICES UNDER THE FOLLOWING AREAS OF LAW:
Family law, criminal, real estate, personal injury, wrongful dismissal, employment and immigration law. These cases are handled by private lawyers or lawyers working for Legal Aid Ontario (www.legalaid.on.ca).
- TENANTS RIGHTS (residential ONLY)
- ONTARIO WORKS
- ONTARIO DISABILITY SUPPORT PROGRAM
- EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE
- EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS
- CANADA PENSION PLAN – DISABILITY
- OLD AGE SECURITY
Get in touch
West Scarborough Community Legal Services
2425 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 201
Scarborough, ON M1K 5G8
Telephone: (416) 285-4460
Fax: (416) 285-1070